Who will handle my agreement?
Use our decision tool below to find out which office is responsible for handling your agreement.
Types of Agreements ICO Handles
ICO is authorized to negotiate and sign two main categories of agreements:
- Agreements with for-profit companies to further research, both funded and unfunded; and
- All material transfer agreements to further research, with both for-profit and non-profit organizations.
Other offices at Stanford handle different categories of research-related agreements, depending on the sponsor type and agreement type.
- The Office of Sponsored Research Pre-Award Unit handles research grants and agreements with government, non-profit, and other entities.
- The Clinical Trials Research Management Group handles agreements for industry-sponsored clinical trials performed by the School of Medicine.
- The Procurement Office handles agreement for purchase of goods and services from outside entities using Stanford funds.
ICO assigns most agreements to Contracts Officers based on the Principal Investigator's department. To find out the name of the Contracts Officer assigned to your department, click below.