Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Who will handle my agreement?

Main content start

Decision Wizard

Use our decision tool below to find out which office is responsible for handling your agreement. 

Embed Code

Types of Agreements ICO Handles

ICO is authorized to negotiate and sign two main categories of agreements:

  1.  Agreements with for-profit companies to further research, both funded and unfunded; and
  2. All material transfer agreements to further research, with both for-profit and non-profit organizations. 

Other offices at Stanford handle different categories of research-related agreements, depending on the sponsor type and agreement type.

An outdoor hallway on the Stanford quad

Departmental Assignments

ICO assigns most agreements to Contracts Officers based on the Principal Investigator's department. To find out the name of the Contracts Officer assigned to your department, click below.